Saturday, August 26, 2006

In a little funk...

It has been 12 days since our dossier was delivered to CCAA and we still have not received our LID. Every day I come home and check my e-mail for "the mail" regardless of how tired I am or late it is when I get here. So... I am patiently, or truthfully speaking, not so patiently waiting to be notified of our LID date. I know that receiving it is just the beginning of another even longer wait but still I want this particular wait over NOW. As so many of us have discussed on the board this experience is definetely a lesson in patience. Unfortunately for me I am at a stage in life where patience is not my strongest virtue, more like a virtue I no longer possess at all!

In my daily prayers for strength and understanding I just cannot make myself pray for patience. I keep hearing my grandma's (I miss her so much) voice telling me praying for patience may get me more than I bargained for. She would laugh and say remember Moses was in the desert for 40 years! Instead she told me to pray for perseverance and understanding. I know that at the end of this long wait is our daughter. The Red Thread poem I posted earlier says it all but I sure wish that thread would start being reeled in!

1 comment:

Lucy Blue said...

We had DTC 7/28 and LID 8/16 but we did not find out until 8/22!!! It will come and that email will be one of the best you will get! I got so emotional , it really suprised me.

Congratulations your LID is coming!!!

J and T