Thursday, August 31, 2006

Forever Young

About 10 years ago my girlfriend Leslie was pregnant with her first daughter, Carlie. When I was planning her baby shower I heard the Annie Lennox version of this song at the end of the movie Free Willy (yes, I really did watch that and more than once, lol). It struck me then, as it does now, that this song expresses eloquently what I think we all wish for children. I bought a copy of the sound track, specifically for that song, and gave it to her to let her know all I wished for Carlie. She loved it and used to play it for her frequently. If you get a chance I would recommend listening to it. Below are the lyrics, enj0y!

~Forever Young~

May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,

Chorus ~
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,

Chorus ~

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,

Chorus ~

May you stay forever young.

~Bob Dylan

p.s. Bob Dylan originally did this but I liked Annie's version better.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You've been tagged, but this is a fun one that I started! See my blog: www.emmaandeva.blogspot.com
Jessica