Thursday, September 20, 2007

Melancholy...

to be "gloomy, despondent, blue, dispirited, sorrowful, dismal, doleful, glum, downcast." It's been one of those weeks. I hadn't even realized it until someone asked me if I was okay. Automatically I responded "sure, why?" Once I started thinking about it I discovered that my answer was both true and untrue. On one hand I'm doing pretty good with this whole wait thing. For the most part I just go about my business and try not to think a whole lot about it. That being said, please don't think that a day goes by that my child or this whole process is not on my mind. Typically, I can sort of think about it but can kind of just slide on by without getting too caught up in it. For some reason I'm having a hard time not getting caught up in the wait, the what if's, and all the misery that accompanies them this week. I really thought I had gotten over that little tightening of the chest when you see a newborn or little kid at the mall or Target. But not this week, I don't know why but for some reason those little pangs have returned. I know that they will pass and that it will get better. I guess I just want to wallow a little. I want to whine, complain and cry without comment. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of stressing about things I can't change. I'm tired of wondering what possible issue can come up next that will cause additional delays. I'm just plain old tired. I miss a child I've never met. I yearn to grab her up and hold her tight. I want to play those silly little tickle games and sing silly songs with her. I want to be a mommy - RIGHT NOW.

So tonight I decided I would vent. I would whine and complain about it. I would subject those of you who read this blog to my whining. Sorry folks but just letting it out makes me feel a little better. So if you've made actually it this far, thanks for letting me vent. I'll bounce back, I always do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had magic words to make you feel better. It just stinks, and I wish you could be a mommy now too. Vent away. I have experienced that pang of hurt when seeing a baby, and I am so sorry that you are experiencing that.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think we all go through those melancholy times.....there are some of us that are just brave enough to voice it. Vent as much as you need to , it's normal and it's nice to know that others feel discouraged sometimes too. And yet, there is always God to lift us up. Thankfully.

Thinking about you, girl. Hang in there.

Janet

Lisa said...

Kelly,

I am glad you were able to vent and get it out. This wait is so hard and sometimes we just need to get it out! We are here for you so vent away.