Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Comment of the month...

Recently I ran into my old friend that I haven't seen in several years. During the course of catching up we talked about my impending adoption. I had explained to her about the about the current wait times and she said something that really stuck with me. Her comment was "you are closer now than you were ever before!" after I thought about it I realized she's right. Regardless of the wait, right now, at this moment we are closer to getting our baby than we have ever been before. This will remain true from day to day and month to month until we receive our referral. Each day and month that passes, however slowly, brings us that much closer to our children than we have ever been.

Thanks Robin ;o)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a true statement. Hang on to that. It is hard not to wish away the days until our referrals come when we desire our girls so badly.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a great way to look at it!!!!

Jessica said...

You sure are right Kelly! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

Angie said...

WOW! I love that statement! Thanks for the much needed encouragement today.

Robin said...

Just remember...we all have seasons we must go through...some will be filled w/ trials & tribulations...some will be beautiful...whatever you are hoping for, praying for, just know it will happen in the most perfect season...the waiting is almost over.

Robin