Friday, October 26, 2007

Send a soldier a message...

As you all know I have a soft spot for the men and women who are fighting for our country. Politics aside, I think that we, as a nation and individuals, should support our troops. They are fighting for us and our way of life. It is a thankless job, one that requires much sacrifice not only their part but of those they love. These men and women are heroes and deserve recognition for all that they do.

Today while I was surfing the net I found these two websites Any Soldier and America Supports You. At the first you can find a list of soldiers to send mail. The second site allows you to send e-mails which are then posted. I encourage you to take a few minutes of your time to send a letter or e-mail to one of our soldiers. I'm sure that any word from "home" is a welcome respite for someone so far away from home and family.

For all of our soldiers...You and yours are in my daily thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your courage and the sacrifices you make for us all.

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I wonder if we have that program in Canada?