Monday, October 22, 2007

Random thoughts...

Lately it seems like more than ever we have begun to lose our optimism about the "wait." It seems like it is the proverbial albatross around our neck. Even when it's not there, it's right there under the surface. For those of you fellow adoptive parents you know exactly what I mean. This wait has turned into a living, breathing thing that unexpectedly rears it's ugly head when you least expect it. It's made appearances at Target, at the mall, and even at family dinners. There you are going about your day and wham it hits you right between the eyes. This is not the first time I've mentioned it nor am I the only one to do so. Our optimistic thoughts for an increased number referrals per month has dwindled until they are but a shadow of hope. Yet hope I do.

I hope and pray each night for the perseverance, faith, and dare I say it, patience to get us through. Despite the trepidation of seeing yet another tiny batch of referrals I check the CCAA site and our agency's referral site regularly hoping for a decent number of referrals to be announced. Obviously we're still waiting for that large referral batch to arrive. Yet I continue to hope, I continue to yearn for a swift conclusion to this long journey. Hope and faith are what can and will carry us through. It will not be easy but it can be done by taking one day at a time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hoping and praying with you.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'll take it one day at a time with you, girl. Hang in there.

Don and Be said...

Hi! Bouncing around adoption blogs and saw your post - We are in the Waiting Room with you, hoping and praying that the precious lives waiting for families will see their Forever Day sooner. We admire your hearts for adoption and wish you all of His best in the process.
Don & Be