Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stop the ride... I want to get off...

I'm guessing from the title you already know that this is going to be a whiny post. Since you guessed right if you don't want to hear it you might want to skip this one.

Stop the ride, I really, really want to get off... I had such high hopes for 2010 and YTD it's been a big disappointment. I was hoping the iffy 2009 would be replaced by something better, not necessarily an amazing on top the world kind of year, but definitely one that was better than last year. Well guess what, it's not anything close to being better than last year. So far 2010 has been one of those years I wish we could fast forward. It's the year Murphy's Law was slapped on our household like it was invented just for us. We can't catch a break, I mean not even a little tiny break. I mean the hits started in the first week of January and keep piling up. It seems like we can't string together a few weeks without some kind of crisis happening - illnesses and death, unexpected expenses (major unexpected expenses), frustration and stress have wiped me out. This isn't even factoring in the whole adoption thing either! I'm typically an even tempered person, it takes a whole lot to keep me down but I just can't keep up anymore, so can I please jump off the ride? Maybe if I go and go hide in the corner Mr. Murphy will forget about me!?!?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Kelly, I am praying that the last part of this year will be better than the first! Hang in there - I know those tough times are hard to walk through - but I love Job 23:8-14 at times like this. You give so much to others and I pray that blessings will be poured back out on you!
Ruth
PS - my nephew Nate is out of Iraq with the last combat troops and waiting for his flight home - thanks for what you did for him!