Wednesday, July 09, 2008

If Your Life Were a Movie...


I've been tagged by Jessica. So here we go...

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

Here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool ;o)
7. Include commentary

Opening Credits: Heaven Help by Lenny Kravitz – it’s more about being ready to fall in love so it might make a good opening song for a love story.

Waking Up: Brightside of the Road by Van Morrison – kind of a good pick me up song so it could be a wake up song.

First Day at School: Time by Hootie and the Blowfish – the opening line says “Time why you punish me” so maybe it is a good first day at school song. Just in case you’re interested I’ve only got 2 more classes left, woo hoo!

Falling in Love: It’s Your Day by Blessed Union of Souls – it’s not really a love song.

Fight Song: Leave It by Yes – great music but not really a fight song.

Breaking Up: What About Now by Daughtry – to me it’s more about saving a love than losing it. This is the only CD from an American Idol winner I own. No, I don’t watch the show, a friend played it for me ;o)

Prom: Two Steps Behind by Def Leppard – this could be a prom song. Got to love Def Leppard though!

Life's Ok: Everybody by Keith Urban – “everybody needs somebody sometimes” this is good reminder for all of us. I think it makes a good Life’s OK song.

Mental Breakdown: Spoken For by Mercy Me –“to hear you say this one is mine” what a great reminder that we are not alone. I couldn’t think of better time to hear this song than in this situation.

Driving: Walk on Water by Aerosmith – all of their stuff makes good driving music.

Flashback: Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison – reminds me of my wedding day and dancing with my Dad for the father/daughter dance. One of my favorite memories.

Getting Back Together: Seeing Things by The Black Crowes – this definitely not a getting back together song. I like this CD (Shake Your Money Maker) a lot though.

Wedding: Stand by Rascal Flatts – it’s a good positive song but not a wedding song.

Birth of Child: Savin’ Me by Nickleback – not really a birth of a child song but a good song.

Final Battle: Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad by Def Leppard – it’s about longing for someone so it may be a good final battle song if you were Romeo fighting for Juliette.

Death Scene: Smoke and Ashes by Tracy Chapman – not a good death scene song even though the title may sound like it.

Funeral Song: It’s About You by Drops of Jupiter – a great song but I wouldn’t play it at a funeral.

End Credits: I Believe by Blessed Union of Souls – could be the ending credit song if it was about an underdog.

I guess you can tell I’ve got pretty eclectic taste in music. So, now it's your turn...I am tagging
Janet , Angie , and anyone else who is reading this and wants to participate. If you decide to take part in the fun, leave me a message so I can check out your songs.


2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hey there! Um....I don't have one of those "i-pod" thingeys, or I would do it for sure. But thanks for thinking of me, chiquita!

Lisa said...

yours were fun too Kelly!