Monday, October 27, 2008

7 Weird Things...

I’ve been tagged by my cyber-friend Donna to list 7 weird things about myself. Hmmm… that might be hard as I’m a relatively normal person. Relative being the operative word there, lol ;o)

I love to read… I can read a good book in a day with time providing. Since our child isn’t home yet and I’m finished with school that still happens occasionally. There is nothing like settling in with a comfy blanket and a good book. The hard part is putting a good book down at a reasonable hour on a work night!

I love hockey fights… I know I know some say I’m “blood thirsty” but that’s simply not true. I like fights in hockey because it gets the team and the fans going. Besides most fights really only amount to a couple of guys skating around in circles while hanging on to each other & waving their arms in a kind of odd dance. Although on Saturday night Ryan Malone (a Tampa Bay Lightning player of course) got a nice left in :o)

I am not Irish… despite the reddish colored hair, blue eyes, and the name Kelly. I don’t have any Irish blood in me at all. I’m kind of Heinz 57 Variety with large doses of Italian and English. The light hair and fair skin could be from my Northern Italian roots. My great-grandfather came to America from Genoa, Italy.

I have only lived in two different states/countries my whole life. I was born in Weisbaden, Germany (no, I am not a military brat) and have lived in Florida since I was about 3.

Hmmm… okay I’m starting to struggle with interesting stuff now… not that the previous stuff was significantly interesting…

I hate mayonnaise… it’s an artery clogging condiment that should be outlawed. I won’t knowingly eat anything with mayo in it. There is nothing like seeing an infomercial at 3:00 AM (insomniac) on how to can learn to make homemade mayo. Just whip up some eggs, oil, and a little lemon juice, yuk! Now let’s try to go back to sleep without visions of your arteries slowly being closed off by that combo :o/

Since we’re talking about food… I love onion rings but am not big on onions in any other form. The other foods I won’t eat are tuna, dark meat chicken/turkey or pork, and eggs (except scrambled). Oh, I also have a real phobia about chicken or beef fat!

And for my seventh and final weird fact about me… my sign is Aquarius. I’m really not into the zodiac thing but I do find it odd that in a lot of ways the characteristics of this sign are me to a tee. I am friendly and caring, honest and loyal (to a fault), very, very independent, and a thinker. Unfortunately, I also possess some of the not so good characteristics too. It has been said that at times I can be stubborn, unemotional and detached. I find it hard to walk into a room not knowing anyone and begin conversations. I prefer to think that at times I have trouble sharing my emotions rather than that I’m unemotional. Although I admit certain emotional situations do leave me a little bit flabbergasted, I just don’t always get it.


So, now that you know some more about me… I’m supposed to tag 7 people but since most of us play in the same sand box I’ll do this – if you want to play along leave me a comment so I can go check out your answers. Inquiring minds really do want to know!

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

YOU HATE DARK TURKEY MEAT? OH! And TUNA? Who hates TUNA? :-)