Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's Been 2 Years...

Two years have come and gone. It's with mixed emotions that I write this post. I had truly hoped that some miracle would happen for all of us waiting. The dream hasn't died but I think I've finally resigned myself to the fact that this journey is unpredictable. It's trying. It's more difficult than we ever imagined it would be. The “wait” has been a lesson in faith and patience to say the least. Yes, it has been agonizing. It has brought tears, frustration, depression, and doubt. It has also brought growth and renewed faith. We have run the emotional gauntlet and somehow come out stronger. It’s not over and I’m pretty sure we will run this gauntlet again a time or two before it’s finally done. I think the difference is now I expect it. I know what it is and what it can do to me. I know there will be days that it wears me down. I also know that I am surrounded by supportive and loving people. I know that no matter how bad it gets I’m not giving up. Baby girl you are in my heart and I’m not letting go.

Thanks to all of you who that have been here to pick up the pieces, provide a shoulder, and offer encouraging words, I can’t tell you how much you are appreciated. You have given me the courage and strength to go on. As the wait continues I may yet again need you but wait I will. Our turn will come, we will bring our daughter home and this limbo will turn into a distant and faded memory.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a perfect picture! I wish it weren't, but it is.

Your faith has endured, and I just trust that God will bless that. Keep hanging on.

Karmen and Greg said...

Amen! Well said -- this will become a distant memory in time. It's hard now, but you just keep holding on to the dream of your baby girl!

Karmen

Donna said...

loved this post, Kelly. So honest about the pain and so steadfast in your resolve. It'll happen.